Our Mission and Outreach Committee seeks to involve the church family in a variety of activities in the community. Our ongoing activities include:
- Food Pantry – We collect non-perishable food from church members and other persons and groups in the community. This food is distributed to local residents and their families on an as-needed basis, by in-person request and qualification (once per family, per 90 days).
- Local School Supply Donations – Prior to the beginning of each school year, our congregation solicits a supply list from local school officials, and collects donations and school supplies which are given to the school for appropriate distribution.
- Marshall County Care Kitchen – Our congregation regularly participates, with a number of other local congregations, in a Thursday evening meal that is free and open to the public. Through this program, ~50 community members gather each week for a meal and fellowship. Care Kitchen operates from First United Methodist Church’s J. T. McKnight Hall, 416 W Church ST.
- Salvation Army Volunteers – members of FPC serve as volunteer bell-ringers for the Salvation Army’s collection kettle each holiday season.
- Other Various Outreach Projects – FPC hosts and serves with Impact Center, Village Manor, and In His Image Pregnancy Resource Center.